qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest unresponsive after Virtqueue size exceeded error

From: Ladi Prosek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Guest unresponsive after Virtqueue size exceeded error
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 09:43:18 +0200

Hi Fernando,

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Fernando Casas Schössow
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ladi,
>
> Sorry for the delay in my reply.
> I will leave the host kernel alone for now then.
> For the last 15 hours or so I'm running memtest86+ on the host. So far so
> good. Two passes no errors so far. I will try to leave it running for at
> least another 24hr and report back the results. Hopefully we can discard the
> memory issue at hardware level.
>
> Regarding KSM, that will be the next thing I will disable if after removing
> the balloon device guests still crash.
>
> About leaving a guest in a failed state for you to debug it remotely, that's
> absolutely an option. We just need to coordinate so I can give you remote
> access to the host and so on. Let me know if any preparation is needed in
> advance and which tools you need installed on the host.

I think that gdbserver attached to the QEMU process should be enough.
When the VM gets into the broken state please do something like:

gdbserver --attach host:12345 <QEMU pid>

and let me know the host name and port (12345 in the above example).

> Once I again I would like to thank you for all your help and your great
> disposition!

You're absolutely welcome, I don't think I've done anything helpful so far :)