qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Query on VFIO in Virtual machine

From: Nitin Saxena
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Query on VFIO in Virtual machine
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 22:42:19 +0530

Thanks Alex.

>> Without an iommu in the VM, you'd be limited to no-iommu support for VM
>> userspace,
So are you trying to say VFIO NO-IOMMU should work inside VM. Does
that mean VFIO NO-IOMMU in VM and VFIO IOMMU in host for same device
is a legitimate configuration? I did tried this configuration and the
application (in VM) seems to get container_fd, group_fd, device_fd
successfully but after VFIO_DEVICE_RESET ioctl the PCI link breaks
from VM as well as from host. This could be specific to PCI endpoint
device which I can dig.

I will be happy if VFIO NO-IOMMU in VM and IOMMU in host for same
device is legitimate configuration.

Thanks
Nitin