qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] HTTPS on qemu.org

From: Martin Rys
Subject: [Qemu-devel] HTTPS on qemu.org
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 09:33:36 +0200

Hi, I don't know which mailing list to use for website things, so I'm
just using devel, hopefully reaching the correct people.

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=qemu.org

Qemu.org still uses HTTP (it should redirect from HTTP to HTTPS
instead) and HTTPS is broken, only because the TLS certificate seems
to be self-generated.

You can easily get a free non-wildcard certificate from Let's Encrypt
via certbot and automate certificate renewing with something as easy
as a cron job that calls certbot.

https://letsencrypt.org/

Hopefully I'll see you switch to HTTPS in the future!

Thanks, Martin.