qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Code source modifying

From: Ormaetxea Xabier
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Code source modifying
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 09:14:58 +0000

Hello!

I need  to modify the source code of QEMU to apply a little change. My final
idea is to prove the utility of a virtual platform as a way of reusing software
designed for an obsolete hardware. For that I've created a "real timer",
connected to my board. Now... the problem:

My standalone program writes "0xffffffff" in the position 0x95000000 when the
timer should start, and "0x00000000" when it have to finish. I want to modify
the code so every single (standalone) program step reads the virtual 0x95000000
and changes the value of a gpio. But I can't find how I can read from the
source code the virtual memory, and I can't find neither where/how does the
program process (step by step) the standalone program.

I don't know if I have explained well my doubts...

Thankyou in advance!

Xabi