qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Nios2 documentation page now up

From: Marek Vasut
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Nios2 documentation page now up
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 21:01:44 +0200

On 07/13/2017 08:23 PM, Programmingkid wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2017, at 10:48 AM, Marek Vasut wrote:
>
>> On 07/13/2017 04:28 PM, Programmingkid wrote:
>>> Hi I have recently created a new documentation page for the Nios2 target. I
>>> would greatly appreciate any feedback you might have on it. Thank you.
>>
>> Great, thanks !
>>
>> A few nits, we also support nios2 userspace binary emulation. And Nios2
>> is I believe Altera specific. And we only support Nios2 R1 EL thus far.
>>
>>> Page: http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Platforms/Nios2
>>>

> Thank you for the info. Did the suggested command line look good to you?

I mean, ./configure --target-list=nios2-softmmu,nios2-linux-user when I
say that userspace linux binary emulation is supported.

> Also would you know of any pre-made images the user could download to test
> the emulator?

I build them using OE with meta-altera myself.

> I will add your note about how only Nios2 R1 EL is currently supported.
>
> If you have any pictures of this emulator running I would be glad to add them
> to the wiki page.

Not at the moment, just a random post on my G+ (which I'd prefer to NOT
have linked in the wiki) ; although feel free to copy-paste the console
output:

https://plus.google.com/+MarekVa%C5%A1ut/posts/BEvfXANeCs7

--
Best regards,