qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Status and RFC of patchew testings on QEMU

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Status and RFC of patchew testings on QEMU
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:06:12 +0100

On 17 July 2017 at 10:39, Fam Zheng <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 07/17 10:28, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> Ideally we'd streamline our make process to not produce so much
>> irrelevant output :-)
>
> Does that mean to make "quite-command" absolutely quiet if V=1 is not
> specified?

The current 'quiet' mode is not quite aimed at the same purpose:
it's good for interactive use where you don't want the long detail
of command lines but you do want some periodic indication of
progress through the compile. For entirely noninteractive
setups like travis and patchew there's no need to produce
what is in effect a rather verbose progress bar...

thanks
-- PMM