qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 6/9] Convert error_report() to warn_report()

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 6/9] Convert error_report() to warn_report()
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 12:19:06 +0200

Am 13.07.2017 um 15:27 hat Markus Armbruster geschrieben:
> From: Alistair Francis <address@hidden>
>
> Convert all uses of error_report("warning:"... to use warn_report()
> instead. This helps standardise on a single method of printing warnings
> to the user.
>
> All of the warnings were changed using these two commands:
>     find ./* -type f -exec sed -i \
>       's|error_report(".*warning[,:] |warn_report("|Ig' {} +
>
> Indentation fixed up manually afterwards.
>
> The test-qdev-global-props test case was manually updated to ensure that
> this patch passes make check (as the test cases are case sensitive).

This patch broke qemu-iotests 051 because it neglected to update the
reference output. Not sure if a change of the message was even intended,
but with a error location prefix, the order changes:

-(qemu) QEMU_PROG: -drive if=scsi,media=cdrom: warning: bus=0,unit=0 is
deprecated with this machine type
+(qemu) warning: qemu-system-x86_64: -drive if=scsi,media=cdrom: bus=0,unit=0
is deprecated with this machine type

Personally, I would expect the error location or at least the program
name to come first even for warnings.

Kevin