qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ask a question

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ask a question
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 13:54:20 +0100

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 03:39:15PM +0800, 皮智 wrote:
> hi qemu-devel,I want to know why should add the migration blockers to
> prevent live migration in peer mode,if I drop the patch,What other
> disadvantages will it bring?

Peer mode means ivshmem-server is used.  It doesn't support live
migration.  For example, how should peers be migrated and what happens
to peer IDs?

I don't know whether it's possible to add live migration support, but it
would definitely require code changes.  Just removing the migration
blocker will not make migration work correctly in peer mode.