qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/17] Misc changes for QEMU 2.10-rc1 (?)

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/17] Misc changes for QEMU 2.10-rc1 (?)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 18:22:45 +0100

On 1 August 2017 at 18:17, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok, for this patch I kept it consistent within the file, but for 2.11 we
> can change everything to "while (0)".

Is this a proposal to bite the bullet and fix all our
code style issues in existing code? :-)

It would be an interesting question to find out what % of
QEMU's lines of code have not been touched in the six
years since we added checkpatch, and how they're
distributed in the codebase (are there any neat
visualisations of this sort of thing?) Fix-when-touched
works OK where we're actively working but can leave
some big dead spots I suspect.

thanks
-- PMM