qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Do we need a "virt-2.10" machine type before the 2.10 r

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Do we need a "virt-2.10" machine type before the 2.10 release?
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 18:48:43 +0100

* Peter Maydell (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hi; I noticed today that the virt board doesn't have a virt-2.10
> machine type defined. Do we need to add it before release?
>
> (I don't know if there have in fact been any changes between
> 2.9 and 2.10 that would be compatibility issues.)

I think there's two sub questions:
  a) The virt-2.9 needs to pick up HW_COMPAT_2_9 if anything
  in it is relevant for ARM

  b) If anything is relevant in it for ARM then you probably
  want a virt-2.10 so that you can take advantage of whatever
  was changed that needed compatibility adding in HW_COMPAT_2_9

(The other thing is figuring out what we missed in HW_COMPAT_2_9,
we normally miss something).

Dave