qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] CPU Interrupt for a PPC

From: Wu, Michael Y [US] (MS)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] CPU Interrupt for a PPC
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 19:25:06 +0000

Hi,

I am having an issue with getting a CPU external interrupt to occur from my own
device model. The custom device is a set of registers than can be read and
written to. The plan is whenever a particular register is written into, an
external interrupt will occur.

I tried to use the function cpu_interrupt() inside the register write callback
function but QEMU crashes when that occurs. The reason I tried it this way is
because I found a post stating the success made with using the cpu_interrupt
function
(https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14869317/arm-interrupt-handling-in-qemu).
After that attempt I added an interrupt controller in my own hardware model.
But right now I am unclear with how to cause my external device to kick off an
interrupt. Is there a certain function I can call when the register is written
into that will cause an external interrupt?

Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!