qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Make test

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Make test
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 07:49:08 +0200

On 25.08.2017 00:16, Cleber Rosa wrote:

> On 08/24/2017 05:50 PM, Programmingkid wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for the patches. I will test them. I was wondering what is the
>> point to having both 'make check' and 'make test'. It looks like everyone is
>> using 'make check'. Maybe we are better off removing the 'make test' target.
>>

> I think the removing the `make test` target is a good thing, if its
> tests are either absorbed by an existing `make check*` one.  Now that
> depends on what people think the tcg tests (and others) deserve... TLC?
> Total annihilation?

Since we do not have very good test coverage for TCG yet, I'd like to
see this rather fixed than removed! Could you please CC: me on future
versions of your patch series (I missed v1)?

And I'd suggest to rename "make test" to "make check-tcg" to align it
with the other check* targets. (I remember the very first time I was
trying to run the QEMU tests and this "check" vs. "test" naming caused
really some confusion for me).

 Thomas