qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Using the latest git version of qemu and usb-tablet.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Using the latest git version of qemu and usb-tablet.
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 21:43:10 +0800

Hi all,

Currently, I use the latest git version of qemu, see following for detail:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 --version
QEMU emulator version 2.9.90 (v2.10.0-rc0-29-ga588c4985e-dirty)
Copyright (c) 2003-2017 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project developers
$

On my Debian Stretch host, I installed the macOS Sierra 10.12.6 as the
guest with qemu/kvm  based on the instructions here:

https://github.com/kholia/OSX-KVM

And I started the qemu with the following option:

  -device usb-tablet

With the above methods, I already can move the mouse through the host
and guest seamlessly.

Please note, I don't install the "Driver for Qemu's usb-tablet
absolute pointing device" in the guest OS.

As you can see from my above description, I don't install the
following driver on the guest:
http://philjordan.eu/osx-virt/binaries/QemuUSBTablet-1.2.pkg, but
still I can obtain the corresponding effect.

So, my issue is:  When using the latest git version of qemu, is it
still need to install this driver or not?

Regards
--
Hongsheng Zhao <address@hidden>
Institute of Semiconductors, Chinese Academy of Sciences