qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Block Migration and CPU throttling

From: Peter Lieven
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Block Migration and CPU throttling
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 16:40:07 +0200

Am 19.09.2017 um 16:38 schrieb Dr. David Alan Gilbert:
* Peter Lieven (address@hidden) wrote:
Hi,

I just noticed that CPU throttling and Block Migration don't work together very
well.
During block migration the throttling heuristic detects that we obviously make
no progress
in ram transfer. But the reason is the running block migration and not a too
high dirty pages rate.

The result is that any VM is throttled by 99% during block migration.
Hmm that's unfortunate; do you have a bandwidth set lower than your
actual network connection? I'm just wondering if it's actually going
between the block and RAM iterative sections or getting stuck in ne.

It happens also if source and dest are on the same machine and speed is set to
100G.

Peter