qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for ARM CP15 registers via GDB interface of qem

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Support for ARM CP15 registers via GDB interface of qemu
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:32:58 -0700

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 22 September 2017 at 16:11, Abhijit Ray Chaudhury
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> Thanks for your prompt response. I have gone through target
>> description xml format for gdb
>> (https://sourceware.org/gdb//onlinedocs/gdb/ARM-Features.html#ARM-Features)
>> . I could not find a feature description matching cp15 registers.So
>> even if I implement some subset of it would gdb understand it ? Can I
>> randomly name SCTLR TTBR0 etc and gdb understand it ?
>
> Yes, that's the sort of question you'd need to investigate and
> answer to implement this feature :-)

If it helps your investigation we have a little bit of what you are
looking for implemented in our fork. You can see the XML that we
expose here: https://github.com/Xilinx/qemu/blob/master/gdb-xml/aarch64-el3.xml

Our GDB stub is pretty divergent though, we are working on trying to
improve it, but it's slow going.

Thanks,
Alistair