qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] HDMI Question

From: Alistair Francis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] HDMI Question
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 15:22:20 -0700

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 5:31 AM, Ni, Xingrong <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using qemu and hit a question and would like to ask here, can we
> simulate a HDMI device in Qemu, if so, how to do it?

Hello,

I don't see any reason why you can't. We (Xilinx) have a display port
device in QEMU that we use.

Basically how it works is you model the devices registers and use
QEMUs display backend (usually over SDL or VNC) to display the image.

Here is a pretty recent example of a display port device in QEMU:
https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/hw/display/xlnx_dp.c

In saying that display devices are pretty intense and this will not be
a trivial task.

Thanks,
Alistair