qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Make 9pfs buildable for Windows

From: Michael Fritscher
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Make 9pfs buildable for Windows
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 13:13:05 +0200

Good day,

this is the patch series to make 9pfs buildable (not working!) on Windows.
It is compiling and starts, but obvousily 9pfs is not working - in fact it
spits out a initializing error.

Next step: Implement the directory and file handling stuff.

Quoting myself:

"
The biggest issue seems to be the *at stuff. I'll
try to workaround this via getting the directories' path from the file
descriptor with the /proc (as it is already done in the 9pfs_utils) -
luckily,the mingw environment emulates the /proc. If this doesn't work
I've another idea (the file descriptors needs to be "registered" with the
path (and saved in a sparse vector or map with the fd as key and the path
as value). The "big" solution would be to write a 9p_local_windows.c from
scratch, but I would like to avoid it.
"

I know that some people want to have compiling and working together, but I
hope(!) that I get a first working version next week.

Best regards,
Michael Fritscher