qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Reading and writing functions for QEMU emulated peripherals

From: Ramy Sameh
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Reading and writing functions for QEMU emulated peripherals
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:47:04 +0200

Hello all,

I was tracking the calling of function pl011_read, and I noticed that it is
called from function *memory_region_read_accessor *in memory.c

I also noticed that all peripherals reading functions (e.g. pl050_read,
pl190_read ... etc) in the emulated VersatilePB board, are called from the
same location in *memory_region_read_accessor.*

*My question is*: Is this calling procedure done for the emulated
VersatilePB board *only*, or this is the case for the peripherals in all
emulated systems ?

Thanks in advance for your support.

[image: Inline image 1]

--