qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/6] enable numa configuration before machine_init

From: Igor Mammedov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/6] enable numa configuration before machine_init() from HMP/QMP
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 16:54:54 +0200

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 16:29:38 +0200
Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 18/10/2017 16:26, Igor Mammedov wrote:
> >> I guess query-hotpluggable-cpus could also grow a first-cpu-index in the
> >> returned data.
> >
> > I guess query-cpus can/does provide cpu-index already,
> > for query-hotpluggable-cpus it would depend in what's shown there
> > (would work fro x86/arm/s390 as they publish there CPUState based objects,
> > but spapr puts cores there which themselves do not have cpu-index,
> > their children do though)
>
> Yeah, that's why I put "first-cpu-index".  The idea is that indices go
> from first-cpu-index to first-cpu-index + vcpus-count - 1.
yep, so far it's so.

we can also add optional extra entries there for each
thread like this:

Hotpluggable CPUs:
  type: "power8_v2.0-spapr-cpu-core"
  vcpus_count: "1"
  qom_path: "/machine/unattached/device[0]"
  children threads:
           /machine/unattached/device[0]/thread[0]
           /machine/unattached/device[0]/thread[1]
  CPUInstance Properties:
    core-id: "0"

or ignore high level query-hotpluggable-cpus and use existing
query-cpus which already provides qom path to threads

and replace of cpu-index based monitor commands with qom path
based ones. (though it won't change fact that both are owned by QEMU)