qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/11] Ui 20171016 patches

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/11] Ui 20171016 patches
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 09:14:12 +0200

  Hi,

> I just noticed that I now get the following warning message when I
> change to an older git branch:
>
> warning: unable to rmdir ui/keycodemapdb: Directory not empty
>
> ... this is kind of ugly, is there a way to fix this?

Hmm, no good idea, other than just rebasing the branch to latest
master.  It's one of the issues with submodules.

Related issue shows up if you go back to an older branch after a
firmware update.  git shows the firmware submodule as modified then and
you have to take care that you don't revert the change by accident.
Which can easily happen with "git commit -a" ...

cheers,
  Gerd