qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Running Qemu in discrete time/step by step

From: Matt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Running Qemu in discrete time/step by step
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 18:38:28 +0900

I did not know about Qemu's record/replay mode which is an interesting
feature but unneeded if a  2nd qemu run with the same inputs generated
the same outputs (as it's the case with DCE).
@nutaro Thanks for the updated patch. I will have a look at adevs. On
a related note https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/master/docs/replay.txt
enumerates different sources of indeterminism
==
Replaying of the execution of virtual machine is bound by sources of
non-determinism. These are inputs from clock and peripheral devices,
and QEMU thread scheduling. Thread scheduling affect on processing events
from timers, asynchronous input-output, and bottom halves.
==

Do you manage to achieve perfect reproducibility with adevs + qemu ?
If yes, is there any publication describing how you achieve this ?

Best regards
matt