qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu compile error

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu compile error
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:46:03 +0100

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 01:43:30PM +0000, Chen, Farrah wrote:
> Thank you very much!
> I removed "1>/dev/null 2>&1" in scripts/git-submodule.sh and found I can't
> git clone git://git.qemu-project.org/dtc.git without tsocks.
> I used Daniel's approach, created the wrapper script called 'git' that runs
> 'exec tsocks /usr/bin/git "$@"', it succeeded.
> Considering we still need to use bare 'git'  to access our internal repo,
> so, for the time being, I use tsocks to git clone
> git://git.qemu-project.org/dtc.git and git://git.qemu.org/keycodemapdb.git
> first, then modified url in .gitmodules before compiling. It works.

To avoid need to create the wrapper script, I copied you on a patch that
would let you run

  ./configure --with-git="tsocks git"

As a further alternative, I think it might also be possible to just run

  tsocks ./scripts/git-submodule.sh dtc ui/keycodemapdb

immediately after configure, but before running make.

Regards,
Daniel