qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] we allow passing -machine type=foo more than once but are c

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] we allow passing -machine type=foo more than once but are confused about which to use...
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 18:33:06 +0000

(cc Markus because I know how much he likes weirdnesses in our
command line parsing :-))

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46955244/qemu-run-arm-ubuntu-unsupported-machine-type/47042282
has a user who's run into a confusing error message, because
we allow the user to pass "-machine type=foo" more than once on
the command line. When we decide which one to use, we go with the
last one on the list. However if it's not valid, when we print the
"don't recognize that machine type" message, the name we use in
the message is the *first* one on the list :-)

Maybe we should just not allow users to pass the argument
more than once...?

thanks
-- PMM