qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Command-line option to change ungrab key(s)

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Command-line option to change ungrab key(s)
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 08:21:59 +0100

  Hi,

> >> As context, virt-manager allows customization for the ungrab sequence, and
> >> so do spice-gtk/gtk-vnc at the API level. So conceptually I think it is
> >> reasonable for any UI console that is intended as more than just a toy.
> >
> > Would it make sense to share the virt-viewer/remote-viewer --hotkeys
> > option format ? (see man remote-viewer / virt-viewer)
>
> I think you are referring to information found on this page:
> https://www.mankier.com/1/remote-viewer
>
> The command-line option for changing hotkey actions would be:
> --hotkeys=<action1>=<key1>[+<key2>][,<action2>=<key3>[+<key4>]]
>
> So this means changing the mouse ungrab would look something like this:
>
> --hotkeys=release-cursor=F19 (or some other key)
>
> Gerd what you think of this idea?

Certainly not this way.  The display configuration we have right now is
pretty messy already.  I want clean this up (draft patch series at
https://www.kraxel.org/cgit/qemu/log/?h=lupin/display-cmdline), and this
should be done before adding new stuff.

Also when making this configurable it should be consistent across all
user interfaces we have, which surely is a non-trivial amount of work.

cheers,
  Gerd