qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] building user interfaces as modules

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: [Qemu-devel] building user interfaces as modules
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 13:19:32 +0100

  Hi,

I'm trying to revamp the display initialization code:

  * First use a qapi type for the display options, so we can use
    -blockdev style command line parsing for -display (not there yet,
    but closer).
  * Second initialize all user interfaces the same way and build a
    registry for UIs.  Drops lots of #ifdefs from vl.c
  * Finally this should make it *alot* easier to build user interfaces
    as modules.

For SDL we already have sdl.mo defined in ui/Makefile.objs. so I tried
that first.  Just flipping CONFIG_SDL from 'y' to 'm' doesn't work
though.  sdl support isn't build, neither with nor without
--enable-modules.

Any clues?

thanks,
  Gerd