qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [virtio-dev] Re: [v22 1/2] virtio-crypto: Add virtio cr

From: Longpeng (Mike)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [virtio-dev] Re: [v22 1/2] virtio-crypto: Add virtio crypto device specification
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:43:00 +0800

Hi Halil,

On 2017/12/11 21:54, Halil Pasic wrote:

> On 12/11/2017 01:56 PM, Longpeng (Mike) wrote:

>>> This ain't correct. It should have been something like
>>> virtio_crypto_destroy_session_input.
>>>

>> Hi Halil,
>>
>> I already fixed this just now.
>> Do you have any other comments on v22 ? I'll send v23 tomorrow if no. :)
>>

> Did not read the rest of the document. I'm not in the middle of something,
> but I wanted to read the operation part these days. I guess, you prefer
> sending out v23 over waiting, so I guess I will wait for v23 then.

Sorry, I prefer to wait for more comments on v22.

> Some general questions/remarks before you spin v23:
>
> * I'm not convinced about this 'header' and 'extra parameters' terminology.
> Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Header_(computing) for header.
> I don't think it's fitting for the _flf structs.
> Same about the 'extra'. Please see
> https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/extra
> (a : more than is due, usual, or necessary : additional) the things in
> _vlf aren't extra at all. Do you intend to stick with is terminology?
> If yes why? Please explain how should I read/understand it so that it makes
> sense!

I use 'fixed-length paramenters' instead of 'header' and 'variable-length
parameters' instead of 'extra parameters' in certain places, but other places
are forgotten.

BTW, I think this isn't a big problem and structural defect, I hope native
speakers could help us.

> * Do we want/need to specify any alignment requirement for the
> stuff in guest storage (for instance the _flf fields) or be explicit
> about no alignment should be assumed (e.g
> virtio_crypto_mac_create_session_flf.algo
> ain't necessarily aligned (in guest memory) as required by uint32_t)?

The _flf fields are all 32bit or 64bit.