qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Hi, where can i get a latest full version of QAPI ?

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Hi, where can i get a latest full version of QAPI ?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 14:14:51 +0100

Luiz Capitulino <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 20 Dec 2017 18:37:37 +0800
> "那个秀才" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>     Dear master.    Where can i get a latest full verson of QAPI ?    I
>> wanna read some file in VMs by qemu-quest-agent, since then, i found things
>> below:
>>     https://wiki.qemu.org/QMP    https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/GuestAgent
>>  https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/QAPI
>> https://wiki.qemu.org/Features/QAPI/Signals
>>     and even:
>>     http://shevek.github.io/qemu-java/docs/javadoc/    However, those are
>> all not a API manual like
>> https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/application-container/ or
>> https://dev.office.com/reference/add-ins/shared/asyncresult
>>     Need help !    Thanks for any response !
>> Regards!
>> Boba little code labour in the world full of dust.
>
> Markus is a better person to ask.

The general guest agent protocol is documented in
docs/interop/qmp-spec.txt.

Guest agent commands are specified in qga/qapi-schema.json.  The build
process extracts documentation from it to docs/interop/qemu-ga-ref.*.
You can browse 2.11's at <http://qemu.weilnetz.de/doc/qemu-ga-ref.html>.

Hope this helps!