qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/14] Migration pull request

From: Alexey Perevalov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/14] Migration pull request
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 07:58:29 +0300

On 01/05/2018 12:59 PM, Juan Quintela wrote:
Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/03/2018 03:38 AM, Juan Quintela wrote:
Hi

This are the changes for migration that are already reviewed.

Please, apply.

Alexey Perevalov (6):
       migration: introduce postcopy-blocktime capability
       migration: add postcopy blocktime ctx into MigrationIncomingState
       migration: calculate vCPU blocktime on dst side
       migration: postcopy_blocktime documentation
       migration: add blocktime calculation into migration-test
       migration: add postcopy total blocktime into query-migrate
I had unanswered questions about these patches in the v12 series, where
I'm not sure if the interface is still quite right.
To be fair, I had alroady integrated the patches before I saw your questions.

We're still early
enough that we could adjust the interface after the fact depending on
how the questions are answered;
I think this is the best approach, so far I can see two questions:

- do we want to make it conditional?  it requires some locking, but I
   haven't meassured it to see how slow/fast is it.

- the other was documentation.

I will like Alexey to answer.  Depending of how slow it is, I can agree
to make it non-optional.
Ok, I'll give a logs with traces, maybe gprof result, today
or tomorrow.

but we're also early enough that it may
be smarter to get the interface right before including it in a pull
request.  I'll leave it to Peter and Juan to sort out whether this means
an updated pull request is needed, or to take this as-is.
Thanks, Juan.

--
Best regards,
Alexey Perevalov