qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Use SDL to create an OpenGL ES context for vi

From: Elie Tournier
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Use SDL to create an OpenGL ES context for virglrenderer.
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 14:43:35 +0000

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 07:08:30PM +0100, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
Hello,

First, thanks for your reply.
I added some comments and questions below.

Cheers,
Elie

>   Hi,
>
> > > In order to use this feature, we need to create a gles context.
> > > This series add an option (`-display sdl,gles=on`) in the SDL display to
> > > create that context.
> >
> > Humble ping.
> > I didn't get any comment on this series.
>
> Well, display configuration is going to be rewritten, and while that is
> in flight adding new config options isn't a good idea b/c things will
> conflict ...
I'm wondering how extensive this rewrite is going to be. Did you plan to modify
the qemu interface?
If someone already start working on this task, can you send me the link to the
repository?
I will be happy to help if needed.

> Beside that:  Is a new config option actually needed in the first place?
>
> Ideally qemu (or sdl) would figure on its own that a full core context
> isn't available and try fallback to gles then.
I'm fine with this idea.
However, I think we still need to add a way to the user to choose the backend
he want.