qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Use SDL to create an OpenGL ES context for vi

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 0/2] Use SDL to create an OpenGL ES context for virglrenderer.
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:22:33 +0100

  Hi,

https://www.kraxel.org/cgit/qemu/log/?h=sirius/display-cmdline

> > Beside that:  Is a new config option actually needed in the first place?
> >
> > Ideally qemu (or sdl) would figure on its own that a full core context
> > isn't available and try fallback to gles then.
> I'm fine with this idea.
> However, I think we still need to add a way to the user to choose the backend
> he want.

Changing gl from bool to multiple choice looks more useful to me then,
i.e. have "gl={on,core,gles,off}", where "on" automatically picks "core"
or "gles" depending on what is available.

What is the status of the virglrenderer patches btw?

cheers,
  Gerd