qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] 4.14 linux kernel vs postcopy migration

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: [Qemu-devel] 4.14 linux kernel vs postcopy migration
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:39:32 +0000

Hi,
  It looks like the 4.14 linux kernel has something which breaks
postcopy;  4.13 and 4.15 both seem OK, but both Peter and myself ran
into problems with double faults after postcopy migration on a Fedora
27 host, and I've recreated the same problem on upstream kernels
from v4.14.0 through v4.14.0.
  The stand alone userfaultfd tests seem ok though.

I might try some further bisecting, but for now I think I'll just
flip to a bleeding edge 4.15.

Dave