qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vhost-user question

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vhost-user question
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 09:51:18 +0000

* jack.chen (address@hidden) wrote:
> thanks,but I really can not understand how the fd works,can someone
> explain it or give me some  reference material??

Probably the man page for the mmap system call, or an introduction to
linux/unix syscalls.  Just remember that any shared memory will be
'backed' by a file (or something that works like a file), and if it's a
file, when you open it you get a file descriptor.  Once you have that fd
you can map it somewhere else.

Dave