qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Questions regarding how QEMU initializes virtual peripheral

From: Ramy Sameh
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Questions regarding how QEMU initializes virtual peripherals
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 12:06:44 +0200

Hello all,

I am working with QEMU to simulate VersatilePB board.

I am trying to understand how QEMU initialize the virtual peripherals (e.g.
UART, vectored Interrupt controller .. etc).

When I traced the code, I found a function called "object_init_with_type"
in object.c, in which the function pointer "ti->instance_init(obj)" seems
to call the peripherals initialization functions.

*I have couple of questions here:*
1.) Some peripheral initialization functions are called multiple times such
as pl011_init, why is that ?
2.) Where is the entry point for the whole initialization functionalities
(that will eventually call "object_init_with_type")

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,
Ramy Sameh