qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Process] QEMU submaintainers and pull requests

From: Cornelia Huck
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Process] QEMU submaintainers and pull requests
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 17:09:04 +0100

On Fri, 16 Feb 2018 16:08:39 +0100
Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 16/02/2018 16:03, Peter Maydell wrote:
> >>
> >> What about just requiring you to be in the "To" or "Cc" fields?  That
> >> works pretty well for Linux.
> >
> > It would require existing submaintainers to change their process,
> > though -- currently not all pull requests are to/cc me.
>
> Yeah, but that would not be too hard.  There are only about 40
> maintainers, and if anybody misses the news they would notice fairly
> quickly. :)

Well, I wouldn't mind (I send pull requests to Peter anyway, and I'd
certainly want s390x pull requests addressed to me as well).

We could use both (subject prefix and To:/Cc:) for a
belt-and-suspenders approach.

> BTW, Fam and I are also planning to improve Patchew so that it is better
> at detecting pull requests and especially merged pull requests.

Cool.

Would a certain formatting be helpful for patchew as well? Or do you
plan to parse the cover letter to hopefully find the output of git
request-pull and get the correct base from that?