qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Outreachy 2017-DecemberMarch Aspirant for Vulkan-ize_vi

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Outreachy 2017-DecemberMarch Aspirant for Vulkan-ize_virgl Project
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 12:21:05 +0100

Hi Anusha

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 4:54 AM, Anusha Srivastava
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I have not been able to contact with Marc-Andre.
>
> Could you suggest someone else who could help with this ?

Both Dave Airlie and I have discussed with you a few months ago, but
you didn't reply. Did you receive those mails? I suggested some
approaches, and Dave outlined some bigger problems wrt interoperating
GL & vulkan. I suggested to ignore the bigger problems for now. It's a
difficult project nonetheless. Part of the SoC is also for you to
study and propose solutions. What experience do you have with Vulkan?
Are you familiar with Virgl? If you study both technologies, you could
have enough materials to start doing some experimentations and
sketching some plans for the summer to get a chance to be selected.

If you have more specific problems, I can try to help you.

cheers

--
Marc-André Lureau