qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] RISC-V QEMU Port Submission v8.2

From: Michael Clark
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL] RISC-V QEMU Port Submission v8.2
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 09:03:19 +1300

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 12:48 AM, Daniel P. Berrangé <address@hidden>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 11:18:30AM +0000, Michael Clark wrote:
> > On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 at 12:10 AM, Michael Clark <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 at 11:02 PM, Peter Maydell <
> address@hidden>

> 14:24:30

> tags/riscv-qemu-upstream-v8.2

> 4900bf7298:

> local-interrupt

> > > You must be looking at the wrong tag. There are multiple sign-offs in
> all
> > > 23 commits. The tag is riscv-qemu-upstream-v8.2. Sagar and Bastian
> > > contacted me out of band to add their sign-offs. Please look at the
> commits
> > > again and tell me which commit id doesn’t have a sign-off on that tag
> (23
> > > commits iirc)
> > >

> > I can forward you the mail out-of-band. I had to contact contributors to
> > get them to agree to change the license from MIT to GPLv2, based on a
> > request from Red Hat.
> >
> > You are making this very hard. Do you work for Arm perchance? I really
> > wouldn’t be surprised if our port is being sandbagged by Arm. Apologies
> for
> > being so direct about this, but things like this happen...
> >
> > I have complied with practically every review request and the sign-offs
> are
> > there. It’s a bit ridiculous.
> >
> > It would be nice to find someone neutral, unrelated to Arm, to merge our
> PR
>
> Please stop with these ridiculous conspiracy theories right away. It is a
> totally inappropriate and baseless accusation to make.

My apologies. I do tend towards conspiratorial thinking, and this is
related to a pain and anxiety disorder combined with insomnia. It seems the
issue is completely my fault and i'll apologise again on this email. I will
refrain from making any non-technical comments after this. I'm not trying
to make an excuse. I do tend towards conspiratorial thinking.

I'm obviously having trouble moving from a Github PR / merge flow, to a
Linux git-send-email based flow.

The Linux git-send-email based flow has a steeper learning curve... and the
mistakes are completely mine...

Sorry. I sincerely hope its accepted.

Peter is not trying to punish you with extra rules. Over time QEMU has been