qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Moving seabios-hppa git submodule to use a qemu.org mir

From: Jeff Cody
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Moving seabios-hppa git submodule to use a qemu.org mirror
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:15:34 -0400

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 02:32:22PM +0100, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2018, Peter Maydell wrote:

> >>Yes, of course... Although Paolo has suggested making it a branch of the
> >>existing SeaBIOS repo instead.  But I can go ahead and get the clone setup,
> >>in case we go that route.
> >
> >Hi; can we get the mirror set up for seabios-hppa, and also for
> >the other new repo:
> >git://github.com/zbalaton/u-boot-sam460ex
>
> I'd suggest to move the u-boot-sam460ex repo to qemu repo completely instead
> of mirrorring it. I don't intend to change it in the future (apart from
> maybe occasional bugfixes if needed which chould be submitted as patches) so
> no need to keep an external repo and mirror it when it could be held in qemu
> as primary.
>
> Please let me know how you decide, I can then remove the the above repo and
> refer to the qemu one in the future if you move it there or keep the current
> one up if you choose to mirror it.

I went ahead and created it as a mirror.  If there is consensus on moving it
to qemu.org as a primary host, I can convert it (and I'll need to set you up
an account on qemu.org as well at that point, for those occasional
bugfixes).

For now, keep your repo up as a primary source until we know if we are
moving it to qemu.org rather than just mirroring it.

-Jeff