qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu:handle_cpu_signal received signal outside vCPU con

From: Michael Clark
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu:handle_cpu_signal received signal outside vCPU context
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 15:10:46 -0700

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 9:17 AM, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm seeing this error while building gedit for riscv64 with linux-user
> emulation:
>
> $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=gedit/.libs qemu-riscv64 gedit/.libs/gedit
> --introspect-dump=/tmp/tmp-introspectnj0xla07/functions.txt,
> /tmp/tmp-introspectnj0xla07/dump.xml
> qemu:handle_cpu_signal received signal outside vCPU context @ pc=0x6003d7d5
> qemu:handle_cpu_signal received signal outside vCPU context @ pc=0x60106a16

Thanks. I can see this code in accel/tcg/user-exec.c

It would be nice if that log message included the signal number. I wonder
if we are getting a SIGSEGV. I also wonder what thread is actually
running...

> This is qemu as of today with the patches from
> git://github.com/riscv/riscv-qemu / riscv-all on top.

Okay. We don't have any linux-user specific patches in our patch series so
it likely the same in the master branch.

I wonder what is the best way for me to reproduce on my side... a tarball
with binaries that I can use to trigger the fault?