qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Some thoughts about per-queue iothreads in VirtIOBlock

From: Edgar Kaziakhmedov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Some thoughts about per-queue iothreads in VirtIOBlock
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 19:30:04 +0300

On 3/20/18 6:34 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
On 20/03/2018 15:45, Edgar Kaziakhmedov wrote:

As I understood from
Stefan description, it is expected to change significantly
the approach we use to interact with BlockDriverState.
I don't think the change is very large actually, at least for on-disk
devices.  I haven't yet considered network devices such as libiscsi or ceph.

Well, in that case, I will keep working on per-queue iothreads with an existing interface. I asked because it might be reasonable to create BlockBackend device for each queue context and use them independently to avoid some additional locks and synchronization. On the other hand, it can lead to multiple opening of the same image, but as I said it doesn't seem to be a problem for the simplest formats such as raw.

Paolo
.