qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PSA] changelog and pull requests

From: BALATON Zoltan
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PSA] changelog and pull requests
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 19:10:57 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2018, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Even if you haven't updated the ChangeLog, don't worry, I have done it
for you.  Please double check because QEMU is too big for one person to
understand all the changes that were made.

Thanks for updating the ChangeLog. Best sources of info for the sam460ex machine type are probably the cover letters of the patches I've sent: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-ppc/2018-02/msg00189.html
(and the one linked from it which is still mostly true).

This is a single machine so the "New Sam460ex machine types." should probably be singular. Maybe it also worth mentioning that a new SATA controller emulation, sii3112 was added (that is used by this machine but it's a generic PCI card so might be useful elsewhere although it's currently only compiled for PPC machines and not very well tested). I think also the SM501 emulation had some improvements in this version or was that already in 2.11? (Sam460ex uses this too apart from the SH machines). For this whole machine it's true that it's kind of preliminary and has a lot of missing parts yet so furhter testing and contributions are welcome to improve it. I think this should be stated whenever sam460ex is mentioned now so people who want to try it know what to expect and don't get the impression that it's a finished full emulation.

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan