qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Hot add vcpu not working in Windows server 2012r2

From: Wuzongyong (Euler Dept)
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Hot add vcpu not working in Windows server 2012r2
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 03:14:44 +0000

Hi,

I try to hot add vcpus to a windows server 2012r2 virtual machine on RHEL 7.4
platform.
But Task Manager didn't show extra processors I hot added though they appeared
in
Device Manager. Actually, I need to require reboot the vm to make processors hot
Added appear in Task Manager.
Is there some problem with redhat qemu? Why the processors I hot-added didn't
online
automatically?
I don't know if I ask the right person or in a right mail list, apologize first
if I bother you.

Thanks,
Zongyong Wu