qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Let event loop use non-default GMainContext

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Let event loop use non-default GMainContext
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 15:39:32 +0800

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 04:52:34PM +0800, Eva Chen wrote:
> The reason for replacing default GMainContext is that I simultaneously run
> two qemu, called A and B, in threads. However, these two QEMU using the
> same default GMainContext causes A QEMU to handle the event from B QEMU,
> and run B's handler instead of A's handler.

I think you will hit many other issues if you try to run two instances
of QEMU within a single process.  There have been several efforts to
simulate heterogenous systems (e.g. different CPUs as part of one
computer).  Some of them run multiple QEMU instances and communicate
between the processes.

Before going further, have you looked into existing work on emulating
heterogenous systems under QEMU?

Stefan