qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v1 2/2] tests: Add test-listen - a stress test fo

From: Knut Omang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v1 2/2] tests: Add test-listen - a stress test for QEMU socket listen
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 16:21:01 +0200

On Tue, 2018-05-01 at 15:07 +0100, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2018 at 04:00:35PM +0200, Knut Omang wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > Seems this test was lost along the way?
> >
> > I thought it got merged with Daniel's fix to the potential leak
> > that the test exposed in your build, but it seems not?
>
> I've never been able to get this test, nor another one of my own
> to succesfully pass automated testing in all the various test
> envs Peter and our many CI systems use.

Ok, that explains it - no big deal from my side, I just thought
it was "value lost" against future errors.

Would it make sense to let the test check for environment and just
really run in cases where it reliably passes?

That will also serve as documentation as to where there might be
additional issues hidden?

Knut