qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] does a device model need to call qemu_chr_fe_accept_input()

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] does a device model need to call qemu_chr_fe_accept_input() in its reset method?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 13:49:27 +0100

Hi; I noticed that one of our UART models, hw/char/cadence_uart.c,
calls qemu_chr_fe_accept_input() in its reset method. This sort
of makes sense, since device reset is a state transition from
"I'm in a state where I've previously said I can't accept input"
to "I'm in a state where I can accept input". However, it looks
like none of the other UARTs do this.

Is this a bug in our other UARTs, or does the chardev framework
guarantee to forget about 'nope' responses from the fd_can_read
callback on system reset?

thanks
-- PMM