qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Who is running QEMU automated tests, and when?

From: Thomas Huth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Who is running QEMU automated tests, and when?
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 18:25:16 +0200

On 09.05.2018 17:53, Alex Bennée wrote:

> Michael Clark <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 2:04 AM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden>
>> wrote:

>>> I run make && make check, on a variety of hosts, before merging
>>> any pull request. That's the only testing I do, and I don't
>>> do anything more before I do a tag.
>>>

>> This is what I do on riscv, however it is not yet automated:
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> We could bring a snapshot of riscv-tests into the QEMU tree however it
>> would be best if they retained the BSD license so we can share locally
>> added tests with upstream as upstream is adding tests periodically.
>
> Certainly it would be worth considering some smoke tests for
> tests/tcg/riscv that at least verify the basics CPU features work as
> expected.

 Hi Michael,

has one of the riscv machine an UART that can be programmed with some
few lines of assembler? In that case we could extend
tests/boot-serial-test.c to also check riscv. That's just a very, very
simple test, but it's better than nothing and indeed helped to find a
couple of bugs in the past already.

 Thomas