qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about QEMU

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about QEMU
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 08:42:59 +0200

  Hi,

> > I have a problem about screen resolution.
> > Recommended resolution of my guest OS is 1920x1080.
> > If a QEMU window size is 1920x1080, it is clear.
> > But, if I change smaller of a QEMU window size, it does not display
> > clearly.(ex: 1280x720)
> > In this case, QEMU windows size in host is 1280x720, and guest screen
> > resolution is 1920x1080.

virtio-gpu signals to the guest that the window size has changed, and
expected guest behavior is that it changes the guest screen resolution
accordingly.

> > I want to hold the resolution of the guest OS and scale the QEMU windows in
> > the host OS.

Why?

Setting GL_TEXTURE_{MIN,MAG}_FILTER to GL_LINEAR for the virtio-gpu
textures surely is possible.  But using a guest screen resolution
matching the host window size will still give better results than
doing any kind of scaling.

cheers,
  Gerd