qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/41] Migration queue

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/41] Migration queue
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 11:19:23 +0100

On 11 May 2018 at 14:41, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi. I get some test failures here:
>
> S390x host:
> TEST: tests/migration-test... (pid=57456)
>   /ppc64/migration/deprecated:                                         OK
>   /ppc64/migration/bad_dest:                                           OK
>   /ppc64/migration/postcopy/unix:                                      OK
>   /ppc64/migration/precopy/unix:                                       OK
>   /ppc64/migration/xbzrle/unix:
> Unexpected 32 on dest_serial serial
> **
> ERROR:/home/linux1/qemu/tests/migration-test.c:144:wait_for_serial:
> code should not be reached
> FAIL

It turns out that this one is an intermittent that we've seen
before (I just hit it again this morning on an unrelated test run
on an x86-64 host, and last time it was on a ppc host).
In this mail Laurent tracked it down to an overly optimistic
setting for downtime-limit in migration-test.c:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2018-02/msg00107.html

Can we push that up to something that we won't hit even if the
test is being run on a machine that's under CPU load, please?

thanks
-- PMM