qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Pipe key broken on US keyboards

From: Phillip Susi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Pipe key broken on US keyboards
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 15:44:54 -0400

On 8/16/2018 1:27 PM, Daniel P. Berrangé wrote:
> Did you actually 'git bisect' to that commit, or is that just a guess ?

No, I haven't actually tried to build it from sources myself yet so I
just found the source file that handles the keyboard, saw a bunch of
scancode translation stuff in it, did a git log on that file and that
first commit sticks out like a sore thumb; it changes the way scancodes
are translated in a big way and the timing of it seems about right.  The
other commits talk about fixing specific key codes that are unrelated to
pipe, and it looks like this commit threw out the code those commits
touched anyhow and refactored the whole thing.

> If not, could you 'git bisect' to confirm the actual commit, as there
> have been lots of changes in this area.

I'll try.