qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] 2x-3x tcg performance regression on ppc64 (m

From: Howard Spoelstra
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Qemu-ppc] 2x-3x tcg performance regression on ppc64 (maybe others)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 09:37:39 +0100

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 11:54 PM Cleber Rosa <address@hidden> wrote:

> While working on the "boot_linux_console.py" tests, after a given
> rebase, I noticed that the ppc64 specific test began timing out.  The
> original timeout set to the test was 60 seconds, and it "always" had
> room to spare when running either on my system, or on Travis CI.
>
> Hi,

As reported on IRC on 31-01, performance loss also occurs with
qemu-system-ppc:
"I noticed a substantial performance loss (~35% in processor benchmark) in
qemu-system-ppc running Mac OS 9.2. Bisecting shows that
https://github.com/qemu/qemu/commit/f7b78602fdc6c6e4befc90159da8e93900b4bcb1
introduces the issue. Reverting brings performance back."

For a benchmark screen shot see:
https://surfdrive.surf.nl/files/index.php/s/M1o9rcNCt3QQ3I7

Best,
Howard