qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QUESTION: How to measure performance of the emulation of a

From: Aleksandar Markovic
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QUESTION: How to measure performance of the emulation of a single target instruction?
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019 03:05:49 +0200

Hello, folks.

There is some optimization activity in MIPS target, and we have some simple
micro-benchmarks for measuring speed of emulation of a single target
instruction, but I am not particulary happy with them. They are just a
single instruction assembly within a “for“ loop. I tried some other
approaches, but couldnt get results that made sense.

Do you have some suggestion or idea what would be a good way for such
measurements?

Grateful,

Aleksandar